DATA PRIVACY NOTICE
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
CalPortland Company, 2025 E Financial Way, Glendora CA 91741 (“we”, “our” or “us”) will be the responsible controller for any personal data you provide us with in connection with our business relationship.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
When you use our Site we may obtain various types of information related to you and your use of the Site. The information we obtain generally consists of information (1) you give us about yourself, (2) you give us about others, and (3) automatically collected about your interactions with the Site and our content or ads on third-party websites, apps or other media.
Information you give us
We will collect your personal data directly from you when you interact with us, e.g. when you visit our Site, communicate with us in relation to our products and services, submit an order, register to receive our downloadable or provide information or participate in our surveys or communications. This information may include information that directly identifies you such as your basic personal data required in connection with our business relationship. This includes your contact data (such as name and job title, address, telephone number, email address and other contact details) (this type of information may be called “personal data”. While doing business with you, we will also collect business-related data which may include information on purchases, services and other business activities, product feedback and any other information you may provide to us.
Information you give us about others
Information automatically collected
The Site automatically logs certain information about visits to the Site, such as the number and frequency of visitors, technical information about browsers and devices used to access the Site, mobile device unique identifier and the IP address of your computer if you use our websites, online platforms or apps, and information about crashes or other technical issues. In addition, we and third parties may automatically collect certain information through automated means about your activities over time across the Site as well as across third-party sites, apps or other media. The tools that collect this information vary depending on the Site functionality and include technologies such as cookies, web beacons, tags, scripts, pixels, local shared objects (including HTML5 cookies) and software development kits (“SDKs”). These technologies may be included in our web pages, emails, and other digital content.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN?
We use the information we obtain about you for a number of reasons, which are as follows:
- To provide you information, products, and services that we offer. To do so, we keep records of your business with us and manage your account.
- To contact you for customer assistance, customer assistance or technical support, and service purposes or to inform you about our products and services.
- To process your requests regarding the Site, and our products or services, or your participation in a survey, sweepstakes, contest, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- To respond to inquiries.
- To provide customer services in responding to or resolving any complaints or other issues.
- To improve our Site and resolve any technical problems.
- To customize content, provide recommendations and enhance the quality and your overall experience with the Site, including by retaining your user preferences or presenting content in the most effective manner for the browser or device you use to access the Site.
- To maintain, operate, improve, and develop the Site and related contact, products or services, including developing new products and feature based on users’ interactions with the Site
- To comply with applicable laws (e.g., sales tax records) and regulations.
- To learn about users of the Site and of our products and services and analyze how you and others interact with and respond to the Site and our products and services, including by measuring and optimizing usage, reliability and performance, conducting market research, analyzing trends, and supporting our operations (e.g., for accounting, auditing, financial, legal or other purposes).
- To send you informational messages about the Site, changes to our polices, information about our products and services.
- To deliver marking or promotional communications, including offers or promotions about our products and services.
- To communicate about our surveys, sweepstakes, contexts, promotions or events.
- To perform audits, assessments, and testing or troubleshooting activities.
- To back up our systems (including for disaster recovery purposes) and enhance the overall security of the Site.
- To comply with and enforce applicable industry and legal requirements (including legal processes such as court orders, warrants or subpoenas) and fulfilling contract obligations.
- To develop, manage or conduct advertising and marketing campaigns, promotions and offers, including about our products and services, or regarding third party products, services and other initiatives.
- For any other purpose disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we will be unable to provide you with the requested products or services.
THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your Information is important to us. We maintain reasonable security measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your Information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We are not liable for loss of passwords due to user negligence.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will store and process your personal data within the United States of America and will be subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protection for your personal information as in other countries.
We may store and process your personal data or share it with the recipients described below. We will do so only to the extent permitted by applicable law and take appropriate safeguards to ensure the security and integrity of your personal data. You may contact us anytime using the contact details below if you would like further information on such safeguards.
WHO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We may share your personal data with:
- our affiliates, where required, to provide you with our goods and services, or otherwise permitted or required by applicable law; and
- credit reference agencies and other companies for use in credit decisions, for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors.
We may also instruct service providers (e.g. a cloud provider), domestically or abroad, to process your personal data on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. We will retain control over your personal data and will remain fully responsible to you when engaging service providers.
We may also share your personal data with third parties if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, along with its professional advisers. If the company or substantially all assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by us about customers may be one of the transferred assets.
Otherwise, no third parties will have access to your personal data unless there is a legal obligation, or you give us permission to do so.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN PERSONAL DATA?
Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis, understanding market trends and/or audit purposes and to improve the Site.
- Comply with record retention requirements under applicable laws or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Defend, establish, exercise or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
- Carry out fraud detection and prevention.
- Deal with any complaints regarding the Site our products and services.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
What choices you have
If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, you can adjust your email preferences from your account, or opt-out by clicking on the link provided in the emails.
As we want to make sure that your personal data is accurate and up to date you may also ask us to correct or remove any information which you think is inaccurate.
For any of the above requests, please send a description of your personal data concerned and state name, email address, your personal account and customer number as proof of identity to email@example.com . We may require additional proof of identity to protect your personal data against unauthorized access.
EU/EEA Data Subject Rights
Individuals located in certain countries, including the European Union and the European Economic Area, have certain rights related to their personal Information. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request the following for personal data that we have about you:
- Delete Information: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Information: You can edit some of your Information through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix you Information in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Information: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your Information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your Information is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Information: You can ask us for a copy of your Information and can ask for a copy of Information you provided in machine-readable form. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing concerning you and to object to processing as well as the right to data portability in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
If you have any concerns about how your personal data is handled by us or wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to have the matter investigated. If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the competent data protection supervisory authority in your country.
From time to time, we may send you emails regarding updates to our websites, mobile applications or products/services, notices about our organization, information about products/services we offer, or promotional offers from third parties that we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to unsubscribe from such emails, simply click the “unsubscribe link” provided at the bottom of the email communication. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain service-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
IF I AM UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE?
You must be 18 or older to use our Site. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age are only permitted to use our Services through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission and under their direct supervision. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If you are under 13, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com .
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the prior calendar year under California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83). You may make one (1) request per calendar year. In your request, please affirm that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
This Data Privacy Notice was last updated in January 2019. From time to time, we may make changes or amend it as required to comply with applicable data protection law. So you may wish to check back from time to time. Any amended information Data Privacy Notice will apply from the date it is posted on our website.
If you have any questions regarding your rights or if you have any specific requests relating to your Personal Data please contact us at email@example.com .